Pullups - How to put the hands

Dieses Thema im Forum "Questions about Freeletics" wurde erstellt von Josemadbird, 14. Januar 2014.

1. Josemadbird

Josemadbird Hades

Hello,

i´ve one doubt about pull-ups. My doubt is about the correct position of the hands. The palms looks to the wall or to me, or in front of them.

In the example video in freeletics, the guy put the hands with the palms looking to the wall, in other videos i see the people with the palms looking to them, and sometimes one palm in from to the other.

Is there any difference? Have i to change sometimes? I suppose the muscle used are not always the same. for example putting the palms looking to me i can do some pull-ups, looking to the wall just one..

Thanks in advance
    Jose

2. t3st3r

t3st3r Ares

According to freeletics it doesn't matter how you put your hands.

3. Josemadbird

Josemadbird Hades

Ok, thanks!!!!

Jose

4. chausj

chausj Hera

When I'm doing pullups at home I have palms looking to each other, outside they are looking to wall. If they are looking on you it is called chinups. But for the start it doesn't matter if you are not able to do proper ones, with hand palms looking to the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Josemadbird

Josemadbird Hades

Hi,

ok thanks also to you.

I think at the beginning ill do as i can ;-)

6. kaiho

kaiho Ares Moderator

I'm a little late with my answer but nevertheless:

As already mentioned before, it does not matter which way your hands are facing according to Freeletics.
    However, there are differences:
    Palms facing away to you -> Pullups.
    Palms facing towards you -> Chinups.

While chinups focus more on your biceps (and are therefore considered easier than pullups), the pullups main target muscle group is the back and shoulder area as well as the latissimi dorsi muscle.

Now you may choose which ever suits your needs better.

PS: obviously multiple variations of the two are also possible.

Diese Seite empfehlen