Help me out, new guy here

Dieses Thema im Forum "Questions about Freeletics" wurde erstellt von madDog, 22. Februar 2015.

1. madDog

madDog Frischling

Hello there, my name is Marko and i have a few questions about freeletics, hope you guys can help me out...
    First thing i love about this type of workout, and what for me, is the main reason i wonna go with this, is the fact that you dont need to go to the gym, you can work at you own leisure as long as you do the prescribed workouts. A huge money saver, compared to the other options :D And now to the questions...

I`m thinking about starting with the coach, but have trouble deciding between strenght, or cardio-strenght. I`m an IT-guy, i sit around a lot, the only physically demanding activity i do, is everyday walks with my dog, and i also have 1.5 hours of futsal every sunday, but thats about it, like i said, not a very sporty guy :geek:

I`m about 185 cm and 70kg, skinny-fat, somewhere between ecto-meso, my goal would be to gain about 10 kg, hopefull not all fat :lol: Based on everything i told you, what would be the best coach choice between the two ?

That is all for today, hope someone can help.

2. weselaner

weselaner Metis

Hey!
    Start with c&s , if necessary you can after every done week switch among c,s or c&s .

3. madDog

madDog Frischling

Tnx for the reply, didnt know you could switch between programs, that might come in handy.

I see a lot of people doing this with the goal of loosing weight. What about my situation, like i said in the previous post, i wonna bulk up, would the strenght only version of the coach be better for this purpose ?

4. kielerkoenig

kielerkoenig Herakles

Hi maddog, I would say that for real bulking you would need to play with heavy iron.
    Means that while you can gain some lean mass with freeletics, most of the people will not gain a significant amount of muscle with freeletics alone. What you will definitely gain from FL is an increase in muscular and cardiovascular endurance and increase in strength. This will not necessarily translate into big muscles. ;)
    To look like Arnold and train for volume you'll still need to lift heavy.
    Hope this helps.
    :mrgreen:

5. madDog

madDog Frischling

I dont wonna look like mr olympia, thats a little bit too much for me, but i do wonna have a nice beach body, that i`m not ashamed off. Some of the transformations i`v seen on youtube give me a lot of hope, that something like that is achievable.

6. Ricardo

Ricardo Hades

Hi everyone,

Look at this transformation video http://youtu.be/pYF6cDJo0G0
    He states that after 6 months of FL and clean eating that is what he achieved. I think it is pretty impressive. I don't know which coach he followed.

Ricardo

7. madDog

madDog Frischling

Already seen this video before, yeah pretty insane transformation. Probably used the strenght coach if you ask me... Hey Ricardo, i see that you started the strenght coach about a month ago, how is it so far ? Would you say the exercises are doable for a guy like me, who is just starting out ?

8. Ricardo

Ricardo Hades

Hey MadDog,

Yes, I just finished my 5th week. It really has been great! I completely recommend it to you.

So far no visual changes in my body but my performance doing the workouts has been improving constantly.

I am training 4 times per week. So far, most of the workouts have been to gain strength in my legs and upper body. Occasionally, there are cardio workouts like Aphrodite or very few running/sprints. I have been considering jogging one or two times a week to complement the strength training.

After 3 or 4 weeks, you feel the body asks you to train. I keep looking forward to my training days!

I am like you. With a very sedentary life, spending most of the day in a sitting position. I tend to lose weight very easily so I am also aiming at gaining muscle mass, that is why I chose the strength coach.

It is hard but very doable. At the end of each week the coach asks for feedback (was it too easy, OK or way too hard?) Also you can change your approach at the end of the week (cardio, cardio-strength or strength.)

One thing, FL is hard and even though they are body-weight workouts, they involve a high number of repetitions. So, if you are completely out of shape like I was before starting, my advice is to do a sort of pre-training to condition your body (or do it in parallel with your FL training). I did something like the following:

Day 1 - Arms/Chest

• Round 1
    • 5 Australian Pullups
    • 5 Knee pushups
    • 5 Australian Chiunps
    • 5 Chest Dips

Day 2 - Abs and Legs

• 5 Situps or Crunches
    • 5 Squats

Day 3 - Rest

Resting 30 sec to 1 min between exercises.

The next arm/chest day I did two rounds resting 2 min between rounds. The next abs/legs day I did 10 of each exercise. I kept that idea of adding rounds until I got to 5 rounds. Then I started doing real pullups/pushups/chinups/dips just in the first round (taking as many rests as I needed). I stopped adding rounds but progressively changing the easier versions with the real ones. It got to a point in which I was no longer doing the easy versions. I think you get the idea, the thing is to push the envelope just a little bit each day.

Before, I couldn't do one single pullup and I struggled to complete one chinup. My arms were very weak. After this pre-trainig I was able to do 5 pullups in a row (in the first round.)

(...and this would help you get doing those pullups, so you can tell the coach you can do them and it will start giving you workouts with pullups...)

Hope this helps,
    Ricardo

9. Tyr

Tyr Hera

You can gain muscle weight, with weights its "only" more efficient and faster. I would start with C&S to set the basis, burn unnessary fat, get used to the WO and keep/gain fundamental muscles and in a next step switch to Strength Coach.

Diese Seite empfehlen