Headache after workout!!!

Dieses Thema im Forum "Medical Area" wurde erstellt von Pantelis, 26. Februar 2014.

1. Pantelis

Pantelis Frischling

Hi everyone!!I just joined freeletics with a coach and I'm at second week and i really like the program and the power of training!I just have one question.As soon as i finish the training the next minute a terrible headache is starting.This happened both times i did aphrodite and i tried not to stop.Is it normal because i'm just at the beginning or i must take it slower for now.For me is the most intense training i ever had and i love it.The headache start the minute i stop and last for 10 minutes.I'm really passionate about the program and i'm looking forward to go all the way but i'm a little worried.Please let me know!!!

2. Marco

Marco Venus Co-Administrator

Hey Pantelis,

welcome to this forum. ;-)
    No, a terrible headache isn´t normal.
    Take it slow.
    One Tip: Drink enough !! During the workout and before the workout.
    This is often the key. ;-)
    Freeletics is for most of the People the most intense training in life. ;-)
    You are not alone. ;-)

Greets
    Marco

3. chausj

chausj Hera

Hi,

headache is not normal. BUT! I think your body is dehydrated, so start drinking more water. I'm trying to drink 2 - 2,5 liters of water/day. Of course it could be tea, but NO WAY SOFT DRINKS or ALCOHOL. Also you can try to eat some complex vitamins, you can bu it in pharmacy.

If it won't help I suggest to visit doctor.

Yury

4. kielerkoenig

kielerkoenig Herakles

Hi,
    I think this could have something to do with your blood pressure. Do you have high blood pressure normally?
    Because when you stop training, your body will adjust and try to regulate blood pressure, that can cause the headache. Maybe your body has some starting problems withe the work load of FL.
    Also, as mentioned above, dehydration can add to that.
    See that you drink before and in between sets, to stay hydrated.
    I also think that if the effects persist, go see a doctor!

5. Pantelis

Pantelis Frischling

Thanks everybody,my blood pressure is normal all the times i see it,i think the best is to see a doctor since this isn't normal.I use to go go to the gym lifting weights and nothing like this happened.I think i'll take it slower for a while :( :( :( :(

6. markg

markg Frischling

yes had the same problem @ the start. Just drink 1 or 2 liters before u start working out and keep on drinking during ur workout.

7. lfcfan

lfcfan Frischling

Hi,

I had similar experience when I did Aphrodite for the first time. I had to stop it after 3 rounds since the pain was severe.

My first guess was that the pain was due to dehydration and so when I did Aphrodite next time, I was drinking enough water before and during the workout and guess what, I did not have the headache this time.

8. chr!s

chr!s Ares

Headache is not only caused due to dehydration but also due to high Carbon Dioxide (CO2). Obviously when exercising you are creating a lot of CO2 but you may not ventilate it enough from your lungs. This can be due to shallow, quick breathing.

so just a few tips:

- make sure to drink enough before, during and post workout
    - make sure to properly ventilate your lungs. Especially Aphrodite with its burpees can cause heavy breathing.

Diese Seite empfehlen